Thursday, January 8, 2009

Training Update: Getting Tired and Getting Stronger

I have not written much about how the training is progressing.  All in all, things have gone about as I expected which is positive.  My training weeks have been built around a long ride, a long run, and a long swim.  I fill in the remaining days with shorter sessions of each discipline.  I try to add core strengthening work in twice a week, but over the last three weeks that has fallen by the wayside as I have been really tired from the long sessions.  

With 21 days to go until race day or in this case event day, I have completed my longest "long run" and my longest "long swim."  It's a big psychological boost to have the longest workouts complete.  I have one more long bike to go and then I will begin backing off.  

Back tomorrow with another update,

C

2 comments:

  1. I'm an old friend and fellow supporter of Dan, Magen, and the mission God has for them. I was so thrilled to hear of your interest in them and your willingness to help! I'm praying for you as you physically and mentally prepare for this event. I'll be checking out the blog frequently, so keep us updated on how you are doing and how we can pray for you.

    ~ Melissa

    ReplyDelete